What to expect when renting an office space for the first time
Is your start-up business doing quite good? Are you ready to move to a proper office space? Well, if your number of employees is increasing and so is the number of your clients, then it is time that you move to a better and more spacious office space!
When it comes to comes to renting an office space for the first time, there are a few things that you need to be wary of. You need to consider a few things before you start approaching dealers or brokers for an office space on rent.
Let’s take a look at some of the things that you might expect when it comes to renting an office space for the first time:
- You need to start off by looking at various advertisements for office space rent or signing up for a couple of sites. You will get a lot of options as you will get regular updates but you need to make sure that you do not cross your budget at any point of the time.
- Expect to find that most of the flats or spaces that you like for an ideal office space for rent in Bangalore that you can take on lease, have a broker or a dealer through whom you have to approach and make the deal. So be prepared to pay the standard broker charges. Just to make sure that the broker is not charging you more than his commissioned rate, ask around a little to find out about the ongoing rates and then pay the broker accordingly.
- Most of the times the landlord lives either in the same complex or abroad. If you are lucky, you will have someone who doesn’t come with a set of demands but be prepared that your landlord might just hand you with a list of things that you need to keep in mind. Follow what he says, for after all it is his property and you really don’t want to mess with it!
- Be very careful when you sign the MOU or Memorandum of Agreement. Make sure that all the terms and conditions are clear to you and read through the entire list of conditions before you finally sign it. If you miss out on any of the clauses, then it can prove to be quite a problem later. So be careful as to what you are “signing” in for.
- Take a good look at the space before sealing the deal. Make sure that water supply is there and also that all the electrical lines are functioning. You will need to have two separate bathrooms- one for women and the other for men, so make sure that there are at least two. See whether there is enough space to make room for all your employees. The office space needs to be a little spread out, so that people can stretch their legs from time to time. A cramped up office space can very easily lead to disgruntled employees. Also, do not forget to rent a parking space.
These are some of the most common things that you will come across when looking for an office space for the first time. Be prepared to face these situations, and you will land yourself a great deal in no time!