How would you feel if your phone is intelligent enough to determine your mood by collecting and calculating information on your emotions from a biometric ring which you would be wearing,if you think the idea is cool then this new concept phone blackberry empathy is just what you may want to grab.
Designers Kiki Tang and Daniel Yoon from Art Center College of Design has came up with a cool idea of this concept phone called as Blackberry Empathy.
Blackberry Empathy is capable of determining the mood of its owner, and changes its color accordingly.Not only this the BlackBerry Empathy concept phone is designed in such a versatile manner that the smartphone is even capable of:
- Graphically showing emotions and emotional history,
- Providing User’s news and social status,
- Facilitating Intelligent social networking and social graph based on emotions.
How did the idea for blackberry empathy popped up?
The idea of blackberry Empathy concept came up as the result of the sponsored project held by RIM Blackberry at the Art Center College of Design,where designers Kiki and Daniel had to incorporate an interface that integrates human emotions with the concept of social networking.
How does blackberry empathy works?
The phone is used in conjunction with a biometrics ring that is worn by the user to collect “emotional data”. This emotional data is then interpreted by the phone and is used it to create graphs and provide other functionality.
Blackberry Empathy Features
- Blackberry Empathy features a transparent OLED screen and the coolest thing about the screen is that it becomes transparent when not in use and opaque during interaction.
- The front is all touch surface, while on the back there is a physical keyboard.
- The smartphone comes along with a smart charging dock for charging both the phone and the biometric ring.
- The biometric rings comes in various sizes so there is nothing to worry about weather rings is going to fit your finger or not. Biometric ring when worn by the user sends the vital information such as:
- Heart rate.
- Blood pressure.
- Body temperature.
- Skin secretions.
- The phone is 114.30mm tall and 69.85mm wide.
- The contacts are arranged in accordance to their relations.